The American Directory of Group Insurance is the leading prospecting tool for the large U.S. group health and welfare market. This tool combines the plan information collected by the Department of Labor with our exclusive directory of employer key decision-makers and plan analytical tools. The result is unparalleled competitive intelligence and access to grow your market share.
Who uses the American Directory of Group Insurance Plans?
- Insurance agents, brokers, and TPAs who are looking to identify employer groups that may be interested in their products and services.
- Insurance brokers and carriers interested in comparing their market share to competitors.
- Insurance carriers that need to identify employer prospects for their internal sales forces.
What does the American Directory of Group Insurance include?
- Information on every health and welfare plan that was reported on a Form 5500 collected by the Department of Labor, including:
- Broker and carrier commissions, fees, and premiums.
- Plan renewal month.
- Plan assets and expenses.
- Carrier, broker and providers.
- Phone numbers and mailing addresses for employers’ human resource managers, benefits managers, and finance managers.
- 50,000 email addresses for employers’ decision-makers.
- Hundreds of searchable criteria to qualify leads.
- The ability to export the relevant information about your prospects.
- The Group Comparison Tool, which allows you to compare a plan or group of plans to one another based on standard criteria to help you highlight your selling points for prospects.
Where Does Our Data Come From?
Our employer contact information is derived from the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) Form 5500 and from our own private market research.
We call tens of thousands of employers annually to update and amend their
contact information because the Department of Labor does not release Form 5500s
until months after the end of the plan year. We collect the current names,
phone numbers, mailing addresses and email addresses of their human resource
managers, benefits managers and finance managers. We also ask them for their
primary insurance carriers. All of this effort results in an extensive and
unique set of directories of U.S. employers that you won’t find anywhere else.